Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wii Fit, Soup and Scars

I'm in LOVE with my Wii Fit. It's an amazing thing, even if you're not using it to exercise. Lately, because I can't do much more than walk, I've been using the Wii Fit as my scale. The wonderful thing about it? The graphs. I love seeing the line graph change and go down. I love that it automatically tells you your BMI and weight. 

It's a really great thing to have something to remind you of how well you're doing. I love seeing that I've lost 20 pounds. I mean, I know I've lost 20 pounds, but the reminder is a motivator.  And I'm not the only one, my Mom loves it too. It's a fun and easy way to monitor your weight. I'm not sure I'd rely on the Wii Fit as my sole means of exercise, but it really creates a nice aid in tracking weight loss and fitness.



In other news, I'm bored out of my mind. Three weeks off from work sounds great, and it is, but whoa. This was fine the first few days - I was napping half the time and drugged up, so I didn't realize I was bored. Now that I'm not in so much pain and able to do things, I'm bored. Bored bored bored bored. That doesn't mean I want to go back to work, I love being home. I just wish I were motivated enough to do something productive. I have writing to do and craft projects that are half finished. I just don't feel like it. 

Maybe tomorrow. Maybe I'll be motivated then.

But I did make soup today, so I guess I did something. Creamy Onion Soup. It's really close to the Walkabout Soup at Outback Steakhouse. I made it lower in fat by using Light Cream and Light Cheese. And it came out great. I'll have to post the recipe tomorrow. I think I'm going to make a Shrimp Chowder tomorrow. I found the recipe in a weight-loss surgery cookbook and so it's super high in protein (around 20 grams) and low in calories. 



So, on the medical front, I'm doing okay. The back pain is completely gone, I no longer need the bandages but there's still pain at the large incision and the port. Otherwise, I'm good. Still a little tired at points, but overall, good.

I'm having trouble keeping in mind when I'm doing too much. Over the weekend, I've done this several times. Friday, I went grocery shopping with my Mom and then relaxed for about an hour before running errands with Bill. By the time Bill and I got home, I was exhausted. Not even just exhausted, but in pain, drained and felt terrible. I'm working hard to make sure I don't continue to do that. It's not to over-stretch yourself when you're trying to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment