Wednesday, March 11, 2009

25 pounds down!

So here we are! I'm 25 pounds lighter! I'm down to 264.8. And that's 25.1 pounds from my top weight. I've gotta get that .1 in there, because it counts. 8.5 percent of my weight.

I went for my post-op visit Friday and the doctor told me he thought he was going to have to go back in and change the band originally, since I was having problems swallowing for the first two days and then, because of the anesthesia, I was nauseous and couldn't swallow then either. But then, I was fine. And the doctor was thrilled at how well I'm doing. I haven't vomited, I'm able to get foods down and it's nice. And he was happy with the weight loss progress. I'm thrilled. 

I can see the difference in my clothes already. My stomach roll isn't as prominent and my face has thinned out.  I feel better. I look better. And that helps make everything worth it.

And today, I'm going shopping for the first time in months. Even though my goal is to never have to set foot in a Lane Bryant again, I have a coupon for 15 dollars off a 15 dollar purchase. I'm all about free clothes. And I'm going to buy something that won't fit me yet. I want something really pretty that will fit, say, when I get down to an 18. Right now I'm still in a 22, but those pants are damn roomy and I can fit into a shirt that I loved, but had become too tight since the time when I bought it. Now, it looks great on me.

I did that at the Gap with my Mom MONTHS ago. She found a pair of size 18 pants (there sizes run small) and they were so cute and only 5 bucks, so we bought them. We knew I'd loose the weight and that when I did, I'd need clothes to get my through each stage of sizes. I'm pretty excited about those pants too. They really were cute. 

I actually gave a lot of clothes away to a co-worker of my Mom's. She had a by-pass over the summer and I gave her what I didn't want anymore. I knew they wouldn't fit me for long and most of them were things I was bored with. I feel like it helps to help others. 




One more thing. I'm going out to dinner tonight with Bill and his family. The challenge? Last time I ate at this restaurant (Blue Sage Vegetarian Grille), I got violently sick with the stomach bug when we got home. I knew it wasn't food poisoning, but it wasn't fun at all. I can't eat my favorite dish ever again after seeing what it looked like later. The second challenge is what to eat. It's a veggie restaurant, and they don't have a lot of protein, so what to choose? Anything with their cheese is going to be fatty, since they don't use low-fat cheeses. I've been looking over the menu and debating what to get. I think I'm going to go with the quesadilla. It has both black beans and mozzarella, so even if it's a little fattier, at least it's got protein in it, unlike a lot of the stuff. Bill and I will probably share, because I can't eat much of it anyway. 



I ate too much Saturday. We went to a diner for lunch and I had gotten an egg beater omelet with scrapple in it (no cheese). It was a small portion of scrapple, which is my favorite, and so I figured, it has protein. But then, I ate too much. I could feel a tightness in my chest and, although I didn't get sick, it was really uncomfortable. Better to learn early though, right? But now I know my limits. That had been my first meal off liquids. I was thrilled to have eggs. And I guess I just got carried away with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment